Pages

2012-09-09

iCook

I enjoy cooking, but only if on those special days, when I totally feel I'm up to it. Unfortunately, I have to cook like mostly daily, and that really drives me crazy.
Well, if only it was only about cooking, I think it could be easier. But 'cooking' also includes shopping, and, even more importantly, figuring out what should I cook. Sigh. The latter is the hardest thing. The vast resources on the Internet seemingly could help me out with my occasional drought of ideas, but new recipes are only handy on those iCook days. For the daily cooking it's all about coming up with the recipe from Certified and Approved Real Good/Easy to Make categories.

When a day comes and my iCook mood visits me, it's often time to try out some new recipes, try to improve some of the old ones. When I first cook something, I always follow the recipe to the letter. If the eventual result is really good, I might use the same recipe again, and possibly even follow it to the letter again and again. But mostly later on I change almost every single recipe to my liking or to match the products I have at hand - usually the latter means I've forgot to buy something in the recipe, and am in no mood to go shopping for it once more. With new recipes it's always a wild call, but when in iCook mode, everything works just perfect. Maybe together with iCook, I also get iEat mood ;)
Perhaps, as long as it works, that's fine with me.
Tweaked kefir apple pie
This year we have lots and lots of apples. Every single apple tree is full with apples. But maybe because of this rather rainy and too cool to be summer summer weather or something, early apples are hardly good for long storage this year. Excess of apples which go bad if not consumed fast, sort of forced me to call my Sunday evenings 'Apple pie noon'. The good ol' mom's apple pie recipe, couple of my own, a few of the new ones, and there are still apples left! This noon is for kefir apple pie, which is one of the many recipes I've tweaked to my liking as the original was IMHO both too heaped with unnecessary things, and sort of bland at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment